Saturday, August 2, 2008

So far so good and bad...

I'm having some trouble figuring out the computer situation here. There is a computer in the house (which I'm obviously using now), but I can't figure out how to hook my laptop up to the internet. And, when I put things on a flash drive, I can't get the computer here to recognize that there is anything in the USBport. So for now, I'm stuck with just typing and no pictures, which is really really boring.

So for now, I don't have a whole lot to show. But I have learned 2 things about Vietnam so far.

#1 Hanoi Sucks: The traffic is absolutely insane, it's noisy, everything seems to be in some state of decay, I can barely find my way through the tangle of street and alleys, and I can't get my computer hooked up at the house.

#2 Hanoi is Awesome: It's vibrant and colorful, the food is great, the people are friendly, things are really inexpensive, and there are a thousand of years of history under your feet wherever you go.

So far I'm mesmerized by what a fascinating place this is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Seth,
My name is Son Nguyen ( Dave's co-worker) Dave talk to me about you go to Vietname and stay there for 3-4 years. I have been reading you blog. I have relative live in Hanoi, if you like to meet them let me know, I'll introduce them to you.
Have a great time.
Son